Monday 6 June 2016

June's Puppet of the Month - Ogre




What are you made from?

I'm hand sculpted from Styrofoam and was designed by Nick Barnes. I have a moving mouth and need five puppeteers to bring me to life. I'm fairly high maintenance darling...

What have I seen you in?

I performed in El Gato Con Botas at The New Victory Theatre, New York, a family opera by Xavier Montsalvatge directed by Moises Kaufman. Blind Summit collaborated with Tectonic Theater Project and Gotham Chamber Opera on the production and you can see me in action in the film below:




What are you up to now?

I'm miles away in storage in New York awaiting a possible future production but I did have a life after El Gato Con Botas: the design for my head was used for the head of the Bonze in Le Rossignol in 2014 at Bregenz Festival as you can see below:


No comments:

Post a Comment